Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Shimmy Show

Recently I did a little interview-type-thing concerning missions and God's heart for the unreached all over the world on brother's You Tube "hit" called "The Shimmy Show" (www.theshimmyshow.com). I felt like God wanted me to put a little tidbit on my blog concerning those who may find their way here through watching that show. My blog is primarily a place where I attempt, by God's grace, to share what God is teaching and impressing upon me as importnant me in a refined way so that others may be encouraged as well. My posts are pretty sporatic and are practical most of the time. I want to encourage all the new viewers to PLEASE go back and read over my past blog posts. My blog will not be one that will give you a new devotional everyday BUT it can at least give you some for awhile if you read through my past posts. The material here is not really "time-specific", meaning that it is simple truth from Scripture and my experience that can minister to your heart and it doesn't depend on when you're reading it. I want you comments and questions and prayer requests, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment or connect with me on Facebook.

Staying on subject from the actualy Shimmy Show, the following is an extended version of how I received my calling to the mission field:

From my own experience, I went to a secular college at Texas A&M university and actually became a Christian there, was introduced to evangelism by a ministry with Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron called The Way of the Master - it's a really encouraging and equipping evangelism minsitry. Around this time, I switched my major from business to communications because I felt God leading me into full time ministry and felt that major suited His purposes better.

After the Lord began to work in my heart for the lost around me, He introduced me to some mobilizers from Heart of God Ministries who shared with me more fully God's heart for the nations. In the book done by our training director called "Passion for the Heart of God", he uses the analogy of a triage clinic, where those who need help the most receive help first. I recall one time I went to the hospital with a gash in my head but had to wait 4 hours to be seen because 3 or 4 ambulances with even more severe emergencies came in right after I did. I think the same is true with God's desire for the nations to know Him. Here in the United States we have such a plethora of a Christian witness and acitivties that if someone really wanted to know the truth they could. On the other hand, there is still aproximately a third of the world that has ZERO gospel witness...that is to say, that if they wanted to know the Truth to their existence and be saved from hell, they could walk in any direction for the rest of their lives and still not find anyone who could explain the gospel to them in a way they could comprehend.

When I learned of this, I sought the Lord and felt Him leading me into full time missionary service. I found a beautiful wife who felt the Lord's same call and now God is leading us to "SE Asia" for 2 years, but I can't see any further into the future than that. What a joy it is to simply know and follow Jesus!

FYI...that was my baby on the show...Jimmy's crrrraaazy. Look forward to hearing from anyone, everyone, whoever!
Blessings!

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's truly awesome.
Your story is inspiring.

On a side note-I was wondering where they got the baby!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm so blessed by your story! i hope to see you here in the philippines

-roy soliman
manila, philippines

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I did actually happen upon your blog from watching the show and I heard about the show through hearing Jimmy's song on the radio. I actually feel truly called to missions so its awesome reading about stuff your interest and how you got into it. I am going to take a look at Heart of God ministries. God bless you.

~Steff
small town, NY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home