Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sociobiology & Allow me to testify!

In my past, I have dealt with hating lies more than loving the Truth. For about 2 years straight, I debated and researched flaws in evolution and many other atheistic philosophies in an attempt to defend the faith. As if the Almighty Creator of all and the Ressurection and the Life needs somone to stand up and defend Him against those who hate Him (or at least, in their terms, hate the ideology of God). During this time I became a slave to men, dependent upon the latest research and interpretations of eviddence by Christian scientists (not to be confused with Scientology or the Christian Science church). Only recently have I felt the freedom to begin moving back into this realm in a very small way. To be sure, I believe that in light of so much knowledge to be known within so many fields of study, we will each "love God with all of our minds" in different ways along common threads. "We [all - Christians] have the mind of Christ." I believe that God has for me to sharpen my mind in His grace and for His glory in the area of cultural observations and adaptations of my life as well as the area of language acquistion...not refuting evolution or atheistic philosophies. So consider this post a rarity for me.

Check out this link (http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/sociobio.html) and at least read the beginning to understand the basic tenants of sociobiology, lest the rest of this may lose you.

Sociobiology embodies the ramifications of evolutionary philsophy applied to humanity. At the end of the day, with the "delusions" of hope and meaning removed, we have no ultimate purpose and live only to produce more of and protect our DNA. Pretty bleak. One day my thoughts began wandering into these areas or darkness and I immediately found myself trying to refute them...on my own. I quickly realized that I was battling for my faith myself rather than ducking behind the Lord as my shield of faith, and repented to have the Lord reveal to me that the devil had disguised the refuting of the sociobiological lie in as "loving God with all of my mind." What a clever deception. I am realizing that praying without ceasing allows me to to discern where the source of my thoughts are from. Just today, I felt like the Lord, in His mercy, took me back into this area with Him as my light and actually enabled me to poke a giant hole in this flawed theory.

Here is the ultimate paradox for the sociobiologist to solve: It is the case that faith, hope and love in an ultimate sense exist in a human psyche that was created by a means (purposeless evolution) that not only lacks them but is effectively the antithesis to them. Everything in our human flesh acts selfishly...and this is consistent with sociobiology AND our sin nature. Notice a connection? Is it any suprise, therefore, that many Christians have their faith destroyed by being taught evolution? I almost did. It is a lie from the pit of hell and to accept that evoluion as scientific (and thus true "knowledge") we place ourselves, to some degree, under the influence of Satan..."the father of lies." Praise God He is faithful when I am faithless and rescued me!

Whether or not these "things" (faith, hope and love) are merely in the mind or a part of our existence is a nonsensical question since they have to do with the motivations of human decisions. The actions taken with these motivations are obviously physically present and effective, thus making the motivations for such actions a reality as well. The fact that some believe them to exist, and that all, without exception, at least know them in theory proves that they do exist as functions of the mind. Their presence in our consciousness not only has no surivival value, but would actually work against a nature that is "red in tooth and claw" since they would genetically arise (since that is the only option for the sociobiologist) as a minority in the human population and therefore be forced OUT of our thoughts/motivations through the oppositional populational pressure not having them present in their "frame of thinking" (if we can put it that way).

There. I typed it up...moving on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home