Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Turning the page...

Currently I am visiting family in Florida. Many of them Nicole has never met before...she's holding up splendidly and doing pretty good at remembering all of their names. Much better than I do at remembering her family's I admit. =) For those interested, this is a bit of an update about what our lives have in store for us in the next year.

As God leads:
We will be living in Choctaw, OK at the same place we had our missionary training until Nicole has our baby in late June. She is about 4 months pregnant and is beginning to show in a way that people can tell she's not chubby but pregnant. During this 5 month period of time I will be pastoring the youth at the small Baptist church we attended while in our training. What do y'all think about that!? Eh? Seriously, let me know. They have about 3 kids that show up regularly, so I'm basically starting from scratch in a sense. Praise God that He will build it! I hope to to do some substitute teaching at the nearby high school and/or junior high to have some more access to the teenage mind. Pray for me in this. Nicole will be looking for a job as well and is considering substitute teaching also.

After the baby comes, we'll be in DFW area through the end of September spending time with family, making sure the baby is staring off on the right foot, prayerfully finishing up fundraising (let us know if you're interested in partnering with us!), and getting ready to depart for our Asian destination. From there we'll be gone for 2 years of language learning to start our missionary lives of following Christ to the unreached. So...there it is. An update of what we're expecting. Comments welcome. Be blessed with His nearness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home