Friday, January 05, 2007

Knee Mail

Yeah yeah yeah...a lot of us have heard this corny saying about how "God answers knee mail", but something struck me tonight. I had two unread emails from people who are currently overseas serving my King. I knew that they wanted prayer, yet something in me was feeling completely uninterested in what they had to say and quite interested in watching a pointless video on stupid youtube. Why is it that I felt this way? The same reason that people will pack out a church to watch the silly Super Bowl but won't think twice about coming to the prayer meeting. In differing measures we are still slaves to our flesh, even when we know Scripture says otherwise for those who trusted Christ as Lord. (Romans 6)

Now...having said that, i'll say this. Most of the people who read my stuff know about the needs of the unreached people of the planet who live without access to the gospel of Christ that we so abudantly enjoy and take for granted. But knowing doesn't mean a thing unless it effects your life. Your heart and your actions. The following is pasted from a brother of mine who is overseas...he calls it a rant, but he eloquently puts some simple truths that have been on my heart into words...itallics are his, regular print is mine for clarification...pray over what you read here:

Greetings in the Name of the Son,
These last few days have been interesting. We met some other westerners out here who are teaching English. We hung out with them a little. They are not family
(Christians) but pretty chill about what we are doing here (reaching out to people for Jesus). They are kind of funny too, because they have been here for three months now and can not speak more then five words in any of the languages here. I was thinking about them a lot and how they are willing to come here in the winter, live about 15min out side of town, have no friends and not be able to talk to any one, all in the name of "having one last adventure before starting normal life back home". I have talked to many who are in the Kingd0m who say this place and the people here are so hard that to live here one must be very Spiritual and strong. Well these guys are not Spiritual at all and not all that strong. They are just willing. Willing to put off their culture and comfort for a while simply to gain something they value more. Oh that we the saints would be as willing to let go of our stuff to gain that which is more valuable than anything we could ever give up.

Since being here I have been reminded over and over again that if we will just obey Him and show up, being willing to die to those things we like then He will do great things. Brothers and Sisters we have all that we need: the Word, the Spirit and the Body. All we are lacking is obedience to Him and a willingness to die to the things we really like:our culture, our food, our language, our families. I know this is hard and I do not act as if I am doing this perfectly. I do not put my self up as the example. We have only one example and these are the things He
(Jesus) did by coming here to this crappy planet, to eat our food, walk on our dirt and be killed by us. He died to everything He knew and through that we now have life.

Have we really laid our lives before God and asked what He would have for us? Or do we assume we know what He wants? Be blessed with His presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home