Friday, September 22, 2006

Mr. Floyd's response

Ryan,

Your kind response to my letter is greatly appreciated. It is obvious to me that your heart’s desire is to know and follow the Lord, even when you find yourself in difficult circumstances. Most believers understand how easy it is to trust God and walk by faith when life is going according to plan. We also know how difficult it can be to follow Him when we do not understand what is happening around us. I affirm your “first inclination to pray about it.” It is always wise to gain God’s perspective before trusting our own understanding.

My hope is that you will trust our sovereign God to guide you in the days ahead, and that your testimony will be a positive reflection of Christ in all things. I look forward to hearing good reports of what the Lord is teaching you through this difficult time, and pray that God will honor your faithfulness as you follow His direction in the future. Should circumstances change at the IMB, and in the event the Lord so leads, I look forward to working with you again in the future. Until then, I remain…

Your Brother in Christ,
Doug Floyd

Personally, I think this is a class act response. He could have taken everything I said wrongly and blew up at me but he didn't. Praise God that there are faithful men still following Him. I just hope my past letter didn't make it seem like I was saying that no one in the admin faculty of the IMB was hearing from the Lord...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home